Job Description: Tasting Room Consultant
We have a few part-time positions available for friendly, service and sales-minded individuals to join our outstanding sales team! We offer competitive hourly rate, tips, uniforms, quarterly team outings and a generous employee discount.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures that all guests are greeted immediately upon entry to the tasting room and provided with experiences that will build brand loyalty and generate sales.
- Communicates in a knowledgeable, professional, and gracious manner to all guests in the tasting room.
- Maintains the tasting room environment by ensuring that it is inviting and appealing.
- ID’s guests when needed to ensure they are of legal age to consume alcohol.
- Serves wine/beer/cider flights for guests in both individual and group settings.
- Shares appropriate information and educates guests about the wines and brand history.
- Promotes the sale of wine products in the tasting room, pursues sales opportunities and encourages customers to buy wines and merchandise.
- Accurately uses POS registers and other winery systems to transact sales and maintain tasting room inventory.
- Accurately completes end of day reports, reconciles daily sales, and posts transactions.
- Demonstrates personal accountability by completing all job duties in a correct and timely manner and by following all company policies and procedures.
- Performs opening and closing duties.
- Ensures that the tasting room is clean by disposing of trash, wiping counters and tabletops, cleaning glassware, etc.
- Restock wine, glassware and merchandise in the tasting room as needed.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- First-hand knowledge, appreciation, and passion for wine.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to build positive relationships.
- Retail sales and customer service experience, i.e., the ability to present products, up sell and cross sell.
- Interpersonal awareness, relationship management and influencing skills.
- Database management, social media, and data entry experience a plus.
- Available to work weekends, holidays and overtime.
- Presents a professional demeanor and appearance.
- Must be able to work as part of a team and individually.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift/move/carry 50 pounds on a repetitive basis.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. A reasonable accommodation, if available, may be made to enable an individual with a disability to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Engage with customers and co-workers.
- Effectively communicate and multitask.
- Use hands, arms and fingers.
- Perform various housekeeping duties including, but not limited to: loading/unloading dishwasher, polishing glassware, wiping down counters/tables, set/clear tables and dispose of trash.
- Listen, hear, speak, see, taste and smell.
- Stand, move and walk for prolonged periods of time.
- Lift/move/carry 50 pounds on a repetitive basis.
- Sit, stoop, kneel, climb and crouch.
While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of this job post, not every situation that might arise may be covered here. As such, this job description may be amended at any time and the duties and/or responsibilities may change.
Tippy Creek Winery is an Equal Employment opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law